Tuesday 10 January 2012

Peep into my doors! Not a warli this time...


Just thought of sharing one of my handmade stuff with you guys....
We have been shifted to our own house since 3.5 years. Since that time I was in search of a unique nameplate for my door with special personal touch. I am the person who loves to decorate her home with personal feel at almost each corner of the house. I guess that is why I take much time to fill in things in my house....I found hardly such a nameplate which can give a kinda aura when someone enters to my home...Hence I gave up an idea of buying nameplate and thought of creating one on my own....
Luckily some leftover stuff from Subodh's (my hubby) hardware kit had some plastic plywood kinda sheet, m-seal, araldite...I thought such things are OK to start with a nameplate..offcourse my drawer is full of acrylic colors, beads and brushes....

I have cut the plastic sheet with the dimension which I found suitable for nameplate on my door. An acrylic color of earthen (warli background color left over) was applied on it. It was allowed to let it dry for some time. Acrylic colors doesn't take much time to dry..that's why I love them to use...:)
Further with m-seal,...(unfortunately I had grey, black m-seal which is used for plumbing work, rather white is best for making some artistic mould like)...I made Ganesha and snail. Black m-seal gets dried up soon...hence one need to be fast with shape molding. Ganesha was colored with golden brown and snail was colored with green, yellow and black. Please use talcum powder while making such articles with m-seal. I have applied mirror like beads on the snail's tail. Both the things were stuck on colored plastic sheet with araldite. I allowed it to dry for some time. Meanwhile I made letters for our surname with m-seal, which were stuck on plastic sheet using araldite. Then the alphabets were colored.

Also I made a boarder on nameplate using m-seal and colored with yellow acrylic. I purposely used irregular shape of alphabets to give a natural, artistic look. One can use stencils if they want proper alphabates.
How is the nameplate? Did you guys like it? Please put your helpful feedback on the same. I would love to read it..:)
I hope you guys njoyed reading tutorial too.

1 comment: